Oregano Essential Oil
Oregano oil has an earthy, herbaceous, and spicy aroma that is often used in cooking, medicine, and aromatherapy. Oregano oil contains compounds like carvacrol that are believed to have anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and pain-relieving properties. This variety of Oregano oil is of a highest quality with the carvacrol content in the 60-80% range.
$14.99 – $271.50
Herby, spicy/camphor aroma. as high as 83% Carvacrol! Very strong antifungal. Stimulating, antiviral/bacterial properties. Must dilute 1:4 with a carrier oil before topical application. It's a very hot oil! It will feel like a bad sunburn if you don't dilute it before applying topically.
Also known as Origanum and Wild Marjoram, Oregano's name is from the Greek ‘joy of the mountains’ and is a common species from the mint family. It has strong immune-enhancing qualities and also supports the respiratory and digestive systems. Gets rid of warts. Use to get rid of Urinary Tract Infections.
Oregano (Origanum) essential oil, Turkey - This oregano is the best you will find with over 60% carvacrol, and from this region we have had over 80% in the past! Oregano (Origanum vulgare, Origanum onites, Origanum minutiflorum, Origanum majorana) is one of the most powerful and versatile essential oils. It contains strong immune-enhancing and antioxidant properties and supports the respiratory system. Oregano oil is widely known as a potent germ-killer, anti-inflammatory and pain reliever. Not only is it highly respected within the natural health community, but it is also being widely studied within the scientific community for its vast medical uses.
In research done on the oil, it has been found that it could supersede many commonly used pain killers, such as aspirin and even morphine. Oregano oil also has extremely high levels of free-radical-fighting antioxidants, agents that protect the body from the development of chronic conditions over time. Studies have shown its usefulness against the prevention of candida albicans, aspergillus mold, staph infections, vaginal infections, pseudomonas and listeria. Certain studies reveal that it is as powerful a painkiller as the best ones on the market, with the added benefit that it is has little to zero side effects.
Oregano oil may also aid in the prevention and treatment of a variety of common infectious ailments including the common flu, psoriasis, eczema, Athlete’s foot, and bacterial infections. The health benefits of Oregano Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, digestive, emmenagogue and anti-allergenic.
The Essential Oil of Oregano is extracted through steam distillation of fresh leaves of Oregano, bearing the scientific name Oreganum Vulgare. Its chief components are Carvacrol, Thymol, Cymene, Caryophyllene, Pinene, Bisabolene, Linalool, Borneol, Geranyl Acetate, Linalyl Acetate and Terpinene. The disinfectant and anti-bacterial properties of this oil were recognized in ancient Greece where they used for treating bacterial infections on skin, wounds and otherwise and also to protect food stuff from bacteria. It is a plant of higher altitudes and normally grows in mountains, so it received the name Oregano which means “Delight of the Mountains”.
Please note that there is a product called Oil of Oregano (which has already been diluted in a carrier oil) and there is Oregano Essential Oil, which can be used for aromatherapy treatments as well as diluted in a carrier oil for using in the ways Oil of Oregano is used. Just dilute Oregano oil 1:4 in carrier oil and you have Oil of Oregano. The easiest way to take it is just put a couple tablespoons of water into a small glass or cup, add a few drops of the oil of oregano according to the manufacturer's directions, and knock it back! Always follow a dose like this with a large glass of water – it’s strong stuff.
Most children will not like the taste of Oil of Oregano, plus, its strength may be too much for kids. If your health care practitioner recommends Oil of Oregano for treating your child, you can use a topical application of the oil, highly diluted into a carrier oil, to be applied to the soles of little ones' feet, which allows for a gentler introduction of the beneficial compounds into a child's system (through absorption rather than ingestion).
Oregano (Origanum vulgare, Origanum onites, Origanum minutiflorum, Origanum majorana) is one of the most powerful and versatile essential oils. It contains strong immune-enhancing and antioxidant properties and supports the respiratory system.
Apart from being recognized for its anti-microbial properties, this oil has many other medicinal properties. These properties are listed as below.
* Antiviral: It gives protection against viral infections. This means you become immune against cold, mumps, measles, pox and other problems created by virus.
* Anti-Bacterial: Just as it protects you against viral infections, it protects you against bacterial infections too. This gives you protections against most of the diseases caused by bacteria, such as infections in colon, urinary tract etc., typhoid, cholera, sores, skin infections and temporary problems such as food poisoning.
* Anti-Fungal: Virus, bacteria, fungi and protozoa are the four agents which are responsible for all types of communicable and infectious diseases. Out of these, fungi are responsible for some of the dreaded and fatal infections, internal and external. They cause some ugly infections of ear, nose and throat, which if not treated early, may reach the brain and prove fatal. Many skin infections are also caused by these fungi. Oregano Oil, if used regularly, internally or externally, can protect us effectively against these fungal infections.
* Antioxidant: This property turns out to be very beneficial in the long run. This protects you from the damages done to the body by the free radicals or oxidants, neutralizes the free radicals and repairs the damages already done. This slows down aging and protects from certain cancers, macular degeneration, degeneration of muscle due to aging, wrinkles, loss of vision and hearing, nervous disorders and many such ailments related to aging and effects of free radicals.
* Anti-Inflammatory: This oil is good on sedating any type of inflammation, internal or external, caused due to any reason.
* Anti-Parasitic: Many types of parasites, such as round worms, tape worms, lice, bed bugs, mosquitoes, fleas etc., some living inside human body and some outside, use human body as a source of food as well as act as carriers of communicable diseases. Oregano Essential Oil, when ingested, gets you rid of intestinal worms. Applied externally, it keeps away lice, bed bugs, mosquitoes, fleas etc.
* Anti-Allergenic: This is another aspect of sedating property of Oregano Essential Oil. Allergy is hyper-reaction of body towards external stimuli. Oregano Oil, being sedative in nature, calms down this hyper-sensitivity and hence gives relief from allergy.
* Digestive: Oregano Oil promotes digestion by increasing secretion of digestive juices.
* Emmenagogue: This oil is also beneficial for regularizing menstruation and pushing away menopause. Those who are suffering from obstructed menses may get a relief from this.
* Other Benefits: Helps heal Psoriasis, Eczema, Athlete’s foot, flu and other infectious ailments. Further, it can be used to treat bacterial infections like E Coli, Giardiasis and food poisoning. It relieves congestion. Certain studies reveal that it is as powerful a painkiller as the best ones in the market, with the added benefit that it is without the side effects.
Few Words of Caution: It can cause irritation of skin and mucus membrane, if taken in higher concentrations or dosages. Pregnant women should avoid using it.
Blending: Essential Oil of Oregano blends well with essential oils of Lavender, Rosemary, Bergamot, Chamomile, Cypress, Cedar Wood, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. This information has been designed to provide information to help educate the reader in regard to the subject matter covered. The product is sold with the understanding that the seller is not liable for the misconception or misuse of the information provided. It is not provided in order to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, illness, or injured condition of the body. The seller shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the information contained on this sheet. The information presented here is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional.