Ravensara Essential Oil
$16.65 – $139.80
Spicy, dark, rich and herbal aroma. Antiviral, with infection fighting properties. Balancing. The people of Madagascar refer to it as “the oil that heals.” Ravensara aromatica has antiseptic-like properties and is high in antioxidants, scoring 8,927 on the ORAC scale. It helps maintain healthy lung function and also provides support for the nervous and immune systems. Helpful with glandular fever. Antifungal. Helpful with chicken pox, herpes, muscle aches and pains. Good for bronchitis, flu, sinusitis and whooping cough. THERAPEUTIC GRADE, certified pesticide free - not organic.
Ravensara aromatica oil, Madagascar - Not to be confused with Ravintsara oil which comes from the botanical Cinnamomum camphora. Ravensara is a completely different oil both chemically and aromatically. It has a spicy, herbal aroma whereas the RaVINTsara smells very reminiscent of Ecalyptus globulus because of the high 1,8-cineole content. By contrast, RaVENsara has very little 1,8-cineole. Don't be fooled by other companies who sell the cheaper RaVINTsara and try to pass it off as RaVENsara. If you get this oil from another vendor and it smells like Eucalyptus, then you have been duped!
The health benefits of Ravensara essential oil can be attributed to its properties like analgesic, anti-allergenic, anti-bacterial & anti-microbial, anti-depressant, anti-fungal, anti-septic, anti-spasmodic, anti-viral, aphrodisiac, disinfectant, diuretic, expectorant, relaxant and tonic. It is the best single oil to fight influenza - the flu!
Ravensara is a big tree of rain forests of Madagascar, and its botanical name is Ravensara aromatica. It's essential oil is praised in Madagascar as the “Cure All” oil, same way as tea tree oil is praised in Australia. It's essential oil is extracted by steam distillation of its leaves and contains alpha pinene, delta carene, caryophyllene, germacreme, limonene, linalool, methyl chavicol, methyl eugenol, sabinene and terpineol.
Ravensara holds a place in the traditional medicine system of Madagascar and has been in use for centuries as a tonic and for fighting infections. The modern studies on this oil have revealed its many other medicinal values. Let’s see what they have discovered so far.
* Analgesic: The analgesic property of Ravensara make it an effective remedy for many types of pain including toothache, headache, muscular and joint pain, pain in ears from cold etc.
* Anti-Allergenic: This oil itself is non sensitizing and non-irritant and it reduces the allergic tendency too. Gradually, it builds resistance against allergenic substances, so consequently the body does not show hyper reactions against them.
* Anti Bacterial & Anti Microbial: Some of the most notorious bacteria and microbes cannot even stand the very presence of this essential oil. They fear it like anything and there are sufficient reasons behind that. This oil is fatal to the bacteria and microbes and wipe out their whole colonies. It inhibits their growth, cures old infections and stops new infections. So, it can be used against diseases resulting from bacterial and viral infections such food poisoning, cholera, typhoid etc. to aid treatment.
* Anti Depressant: This oil is very good in countering depression and giving a boost to the positive thoughts and hope. It uplifts mood, relaxes mind and invokes energy and feeling of hope and joy. This, if systematically administered to patients to chronic depression, can help them gradually come out of the situation.
* Anti Fungal: Like on bacteria and microbes, this oil is very harsh on fungi too. It ends their growth and even kills their spores. This property allows it to be used against fungal infections in ears, nose, head, skin and nails.
* Anti Septic: Septic is caused by a type of bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which mainly infects open and unprotected wounds and also soft and delicate internal organs. Septic is a big threat on lives of the newly born babies, as their skin is too delicate to withstand any infection. Still, thousands of babies die due to septic. This bacterium spreads very rapidly and covers the whole body, causing acute pain in the muscles, cramps, abnormal muscular afflictions and contractions, convulsions, fever and swelling. Ravensara essential oil has certain components like limonene and methyl eugenol (and others) which do not let this happen by killing this bacterium and inhibiting its growth. It can be ingested to let its effect spread evenly in the body.
* Anti Spasmodic: Those who are suffering from severe cough, breathlessness, cramp, diarrhea, pulling pain in abdomen and nervous afflictions, convulsions etc. due to spasm, can avail a good remedy from this oil. It fights spasm and induce relaxation in muscles and nerves.
* Anti Viral: This efficient bacteria fighter is a virus fighter too. It stops viral growth by rupturing the cyst (the protective coating on the virus) and then killing the virus. It is very good in fighting diseases caused by virus such as common cold, influenza, measles, mumps, pox etc.
* Aphrodisiac: The Essential Oil of Ravensara has been found good in curing particularly frigidity. It enhances libido and also helps cure erectile dysfunctions etc.
* Disinfectant: Who causes infections? Who else but bacteria, fungi, virus and protozoa. Then it is quite clear that who will be a disinfectant. Yes! One that can stop growth of these bacteria, fungi, virus and protozoa and can eliminate them will be an ideal disinfectant. Here is one such. The Essential Oil of Ravensara is capable of inhibiting all types of infections discussed above and this makes it an effective disinfectant. It is equally effective internally and externally. It also disinfects the space within its reach if used in fumigants, vaporizers and sprays. The added benefits are a sweet fragrance and no adverse side effects like synthetic disinfectants.
* Diuretic: The diuretic property of Essential Oil of Ravensara facilitates removal of waste substances and toxins from the body by increasing urination, in frequency and in quantity. It also helps remove excess water, salt and fat from the body, thus keeping it safe from diseases associated with accumulation of toxins (e.g. rheumatism, gout, arthritis, acne, boils etc.), water (edema), salt (hypertension, water retention etc.) etc. in the body. Further it makes feel lighter and facilitates digestion too.
* Expectorant: Expectoration is the process of diluting or loosening the phlegm or catarrh deposits in the respiratory system and easing its way out of the body. It is needed in cases of coughs, congestion, asthma & breathing troubles and heaviness in the chest arising due to hardening of phlegm in the bronchi, trachea, larynx, pharynx and lungs.
* Relaxant: The Essential Oil of Ravensara is known for centuries due to its relaxing and soothing properties. It is very good in inducing relaxation in cases of tension, stress, anxiety and other nervous and neuro problems. It also calms and soothes nervous afflictions and disorders. Its relaxing effect helps bring sleep to the patients of insomnia.
* Tonic: The Essential Oil of Ravensara has a toning and fortifying effect on the body. It facilitates absorption of nutrients in the body and helps every organic system function properly. This way it promotes growth and gives energy and strength. This oil is particularly good for growing children as a growth tonic.
* Other Benefits: Ravensara Oil has numerous other benefits. It can be used to treat improper blood and lymph circulation, fatigue, pain in muscles and joints, edema, indigestion, shingles, herpes etc. It also has vulnerary property and helps heal wounds faster by protecting them from infections and crowding leucocytes and platelets in the affected place.
Few Words of Caution: This oil is completely safe, with no toxicity, photo toxicity, irritations or sensitization. Still it is not recommended in pregnancy since it has aphrodisiac properties which mean that it works on certain hormones whose secretion can have certain adverse effects in pregnancy.
Blending: The Essential Oil of Ravensara blends well with a number of essential oils, like those of bay, bergamot, black pepper, cardamom, clary sage, cedarwood, cypress, eucalyptus, frankincense, geranium, ginger, grapefruit, lavender, lemon, marjoram, pine, rosemary sandalwood, tea tree and thyme.