Niaouli essential oil, ECOCERT, Madagascar: The scent is penetrating, pleasant, sweet and fresh with similar nuances to eucalyptus. Several varieties exist and grow prolifically in the Pacific Islands of New Caledonia. In these regions, the natives use the oil for various medicinal purposes. It is generally regarded as a type of “Tea Tree.” It removes acne scars and unwanted blemished on the skin and speeds up the growth of new and healthy cells and tissues in the affected areas. Niaouli is considered extremely beneficial to the immune system and can help support those with strong allergic reaction. The oils powerful stimulating effects make it a great daytime, energizing blend when fighting off a cold. Niaouli is often mixed with juniper, lavender, lemon, lime, myrtle, rosemary, Scotch pine and sweet fennel to prepare many different mixtures for many different ailments.
The health benefits of Niaouli Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like analgesic, anti rheumatic, anti septic, bactericidal, balsamic, cicatrisant, decongestant, expectorant, febrifuge, insecticide, stimulant, vermifuge and vulnerary.
Niaouli is a large evergreen tree. The botanical name of Niaouli is Melaleuca Viridiflora and it is a native to Australia and a few neighboring places. Due to the disinfectant and anti septic properties, it is widely used in a large variety of cosmetics such as lotions, creams, soaps, toothpastes etc. The essential oil of Niaouli is extracted through steam distillation of its fresh leaves and tender twigs. The main components of this oil are alpha phellandrene, alpha pinene, beta pinene, cineole, gamma terpineol, limonene, linalool and piperitone.
Let us now investigate the medicinal properties of this oil in little more details.
* Analgesic: The pain relieving property of this oil makes it a good analgesic. It cuts out pain by inducing numbness in the nerves and by desensitizing the area. It is very effective in pains of headache, migraine, toothache, earache, muscle and joint pain and pain due to sprains.
* Anti Rheumatic: This oil stimulates circulation of blood and lymph and prevents accumulation of uric acid in the joints as well as brings warmth. These two things together help give relief from rheumatism and arthritis, gout etc.
* Anti Septic: Open wounds are prone to infections since bacteria, fungi and other microbes have very good chances of getting into the blood stream through these wounds. Bacteria also abode the uro-genital tracts, colon, prostrate, intestines and kidneys and cause infections of the urethra and other parts. The Essential Oil of Niaouli, with all its anti septic properties, can inhibit bacterial growth in the above mentioned areas and gives good protection against septic, tetanus and infections of the other internal organs.
* Bactericidal: This oil kills bacteria and inhibits bacterial growth and infections.
* Balsamic: This oil promotes growth and boosts health by promoting proper absorption and distribution of the nutrients in the body. It also increases strength.
* Cicatrisant: You would never like to see scars on your face or your skin. You have also tried those creams and lotions in the market but got no results. Then why don’t you give a try to this oil of Niaouli. Being a cicatrisant, it diminishes scars and after marks left by acne, pimples or pox on the skin. This oil speeds up growth of new tissues and cells in the affected area and gives it a brand new look. These new tissues will replace the old and the damaged tissues of the scars and the scars will ultimately fade away.
* Decongestant: It opens up congestion of lungs, bronchi, larynx, pharynx, trachea and the nasal tracts by clearing deposition of phlegm in those parts. This helps you breathe easily and have a good sleep at the end of the day.
* Expectorant: The expectorant property of this oil loosens toughened depositions of phlegm or catarrh in the lungs, bronchi, larynx, pharynx, trachea and the nasal tracts and gives relief from heaviness in the chest, coughs and congestion.
* Febrifuge: This oil helps lower body temperature during fever by fighting the infections causing the fever and by promoting sweat. This also helps detoxify the blood to some extent, thereby promoting faster relief from fever.
* Insecticide: It kills insects (barring cockroaches and a few other hard cores) and also keeps them away. This can be used in sprays and vaporizers to bring this effect.
* Stimulant: It is a stimulant for the systems functioning inside the body. It stimulates blood circulation, secretion of hormones, enzymes and other juices and also stimulates metabolic processes including digestion & absorption and excretion. This way it stimulates growth and strengthens immunity.
* Vermifuge: The Niaouli Essential Oil kills intestinal worms. It is effective on both round worms and tape worms. The presence of worms obstructs the normal physical and mental growth and also interferes with the absorption of nutrients by the body. The use of this oil can facilitate this obstructed growth by eliminating worms. It can be safely given to children.
* Vulnerary: The Essential Oil of Niaouli helps your wounds heal faster and keeps them protected from infections, when applied as an external application on the wounds, mixed with any lotion or cream or even raw but in dilution. This oil is equally beneficial in healing internal wounds, cuts and ulcers. It activates the leucocytes and platelet particles in the infected place and prevents intrusion of microbes. The disinfectant property of this oil itself inhibits microbial in the affected place.
* Other Benefits: It tones up digestive system, cures skin infections, clears congestion of oily skin and can be used as an antidote against insect bites, stings etc. It is also effective against boils, abscesses, acne and rashes. It has male hormone-like properties.
Safety: It is non toxic, non sensitizing and non irritant. No other potent threat found.
Blending: The Essential Oil of Niaouli blends well with the essential oils of coriander, fennel, juniper, lavender, lime, pine and peppermint.