Chamomile, Roman Essential Oil
Roman Chamomile oil has a very distinct floral, herbaceous, sweet, and slightly fruity aroma. Roman Chamomile oil is loved among many of our aromatherapists, and it is commonly used as an ingredient in numerous cosmetics, natural perfumes, and body products due to its calming and soothing properties.
$45.45 – $568.98
Sweet, uplifting apple-like aroma. Relaxing and strongly soothing. Imparts a sense of well-being. Relieves hayfever type allergies. Great for relieving stress and anxiety; sedative for sleep disturbances. Gentle oil for the young and fragile. Helps with preoperative anxiety and PMS. Help for colicky babies when diluted properly.
Chamomile oil, Roman, USA
It is a pale blue, mobile liquid with a sweet herbaceous somewhat fruity, warm, tea leaf-like odor.
The pale blue color of the Roman Chamomile is due to the presence of a hydrocarbon, Chamazulene. Chamomile oils are different from other oils analytically because they have the highest ester value of all essential oils known; about 300. This is because of a high content of butyl-, amyl-, and hexyl esters of tiglic and angelic acids. The ester content is over 80 percent. These esters are responsible for the unique odor of Chamomile oils.
This is one of the best prices on the market for Roman Chamomile essential oil and the quality is top of the line. Take advantage of this great value.
According to an article put out by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), Roman Chamomile is one of the Top 10 Essential Oils. According to them, "Roman Chamomile, Antheus nobilis: (is) very relaxing, and can help with sleeplessness and anxiety. Also good for muscle aches and tension. Useful in treating wounds and infection."
Roman Chamomile blends well with Bergamot, Jasmine bases, Labdanum products, Neroli oil, Clary Sage oil, and Oakmoss products.
Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile) has a warm, sweet, herbaceous scent that is relaxing and calming for both mind and body. Its gentleness makes it especially valuable for restless children. Soothing to all types of skin, it is used extensively in Europe in skin preparations. Roman chamomile is also beneficial when added to massage oil for relief of muscle discomfort after exercise. Roman chamomile was one of the Saxons' nine sacred herbs.
For dietary or topical use. When using as a supplement, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid such as soy or rice milk.
Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Dilution not required; suitable for all but the most sensitive skin. Generally safe for children over 2 years of age.
The health benefits of chamomile essential oil can be attributed to its properties antispasmodic, antiseptic, antibiotic, antidepressant, antineuralgic, antiphlogistic, carminative, cholagogue, cicatrisant, emenagogue, analgesic, febrifuge, hepatic, sedative, nervine, digestive, tonic, antispasmodic, bactericidal, sudorific, stomachic, anti inflammatory, anti infectious, vermifuge, vulnerary, etc.
Chamomile Oil is extracted from the flowers of the Chamomile plant which is very popular as a flowering plant. There are two types of Chamomile, namely, the Roman Chamomile which is scientifically known as Anthemis Nobilis and the German Chamomile whose scientific name is Matricaria Chamomilla. Although the essential oils extracted from both the varieties are quite similar in medicinal properties, yet they differ to some extent when it comes to their composition and certain properties.
The Roman Chamomile oil is constituted of Alpha Pinene, Beta Pinene, Camphene, Caryophyllene, Sabinene, Myrcene, Gamma Terpinene, Pinocarvone, Farsenol, Cineole, Propyl Angelate and Butyl Angelate.
The German Chamomile oil, on the other hand, is composed of Azulene (here called Chamazulene, since found in Chamomile), Alpha Bisabolol, Bisabolol Oxide-A & B and Bisabolene Oxide-A.
While the Roman Chamomile Oil is more calming and is a better emmenagogue, the German Chamomile is a very powerful anti inflammatory due to presence of a compound called Azulene (It is a nitrogenous compound and is responsible for giving it a characteristic deep blue color). But these are not the only medicinal properties of Chamomile Oil. There are lots and lots of them. The properties given below include those of the Roman as well as the German variety, except were mentioned otherwise.
Just go through them and you’ll discover a whole range of safe medicines.
* Antiseptic, Antibiotic, Disinfectant, Bactericidal & Vermifuge: They have very good anti septic and antibiotic properties and do not let biotic infections (infections due to biotic factors such as bacteria, fungi etc.) develop. They also wipe off infections already present. These are good vermifuge too and kill all sorts of intestinal worms. If applied on hair, it kills lice and mites, keeping hair and scalp free from infections and damage.
* Stimulant & Antidepressant: Both the varieties have been seen very effective in fighting depression and for raising spirit. They eliminate feeling of sadness, depression, disappointment, sluggishness etc. and induce a sort of happy or charged feeling. Even smelling these oils can help a lot overcoming depression and bring about good mood.
* Anti Inflammatory & Sedative: While Roman Chamomile is found effective in calming down annoyance, anger and irritation, particularly in small children. The German variety, on the other hand, is found more effective on adults for curing inflammations, particularly those in digestive and urinary system. They also reduce blood pressure and check swelling of the blood vessels.
* Analgesic & Anti Neuralgic: They have analgesic properties and efficiently reduce pain in muscles and joints, headache, sinus, toothache, bone injuries etc. They are also very effective in giving relief in the severe pain of Neuralgia by constricting the blood vessels surrounding the Ninth Cranial Nerve and relieving pressure on it.
* Stomachic, Digestive and Hepatic & Cholagogue: Being stomachic, they tone up stomach and set it to proper function. They promote secretion of digestive juices into stomach and facilitate digestion. They also promote digestion. Being Hepatic (meaning good for liver), they ensure good health of liver and proper flow of bile from it. They are also Cholagogue, meaning they increase secretion of Hydrochloric Acid, bile and enzymes in stomach, thereby promoting digestion.
* Anti Rheumatic & Anti Phlogistic: They cure dysfunctions of the circulatory system, stimulate circulation and detoxify the blood of toxins like uric acid, thereby helping cure ailments like Rheumatism, Arthritis etc. which are caused due to improper circulation and accumulation of uric. These make them good Anti Phlogistics, the agents which reduce swelling and edema.
* Anti Spasmodic, Relaxant & Nervine: They calm all nervous disturbances or hyper-reactions which result in convulsions, spasms, nervousness, loss of control over limbs etc. They are Nervine, that is, keep the nerves and the nervous system in a state of good health and proper functioning.
* Cicatrisant & Vulnerary: They are very popular in the world of cosmetics, as they diminish the scars, marks and spots on the skin and on the face (being a Cicatrisant) and also protect wounds, cuts and bruises from getting infected, thus serving as a Vulnerary.
* Sudorific & Febrifuge: They induce profuse perspiration (being Sudorific), thus removing toxins and agents causing infections and cooling down the body, effectively giving relief in fever, thus serving as a Febrifuge.
* Carminative: Expel gas from the intestines and stomach and also check gas formation. This also helps relax the body and lower blood pressure. It also ends the chances of other risks from gas, such as trapping of gas in the windpipe etc.
* Tonic: They are tonic in nature, i.e. they tone up skin, muscles, internal organs etc.
* Other Benefits: They are anti allergenic, help cure acne by removing toxins and cleaning Sebaceous and Eccrine glands through sweating, clean up the urinary system and the kidneys through increased urination (being diuretic), detoxify blood and increase strength as they are also fortifying in nature. They can help cure viral infections like mumps, measles etc. Can be used in mouth wash too, to keep away bad breath and eliminate oral infections. German Chamomile oil is a vasoconstrictor.
Few Words of Caution: No specific threats noticed, except that it should be avoided if someone has allergies with it or with any other member of Ragweed Family, to which Chamomile belongs.
Blending: Chamomile blends with Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lavender, Jasmine, Geranium, Grapefruit, Tea Tree, Rose, Lemon, Lime and Ylang-Ylang Oil.
Allergies: One of the most exciting finds for my family was Chamomile's natural antihistamine quality. We dilute it 50-50 with fractionated coconut oil, then apply two drops of the mixture to our sinuses (on our face above the eyebrows and from the bridge of our nose, down and out across the cheeks). In five minutes, all of our allergy symptoms are gone. We have learned to alternate this application between Chamomile and diluted Juniperberry oil, so our bodies do not become too accustomed to one oil and quits working well.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. This information has been designed to provide information to help educate the reader in regard to the subject matter covered. The product is sold with the understanding that the seller is not liable for the misconception or misuse of the information provided. It is not provided in order to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, illness, or injured condition of the body. The seller shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the information contained on this sheet. The information presented here is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional.