Cedar Wood, Western Red Essential Oil
$15.00 – $105.00
Cedar Wood, Western Red Essential Oil, Canada
Species: Thuja plicata
Part : Wood
Method: Steam Distillation
This is the superior cedar wood essential oil. It has a rich red hue and a strong odor making it useful in masculine blends. This cedar wood is different in aroma from the American types (Virginia and Texas).
The health benefits of Cedar Wood Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like anti seborrhoeic, anti septic, anti spasmodic, tonic, astringent, diuretic, emenagogue, expectorant, insecticide, sedative and fungicide. The chief components of Cedar Wood Essential Oil are Alpha Cedrene, Beta Cedrene, Cedrol, Widdrol, Thujopsene and a group of Sesquiterpenes, which contribute to its medicinal values.
Here are a few of the medicinal properties and benefits of Cedar Wood Oil.
* Anti Seborrhoeic: Seborrhoea or Seborrhoeic Eczema is a dreaded disease which is caused due to malfunctioning of sebaceous glands resulting in irregular sebum production and consequent infection of the epidermal cells. It looks very ugly as the skin, colored white or pale yellow, dry or greasy, starts peeling off, particularly from the scalp, eyebrows and wherever there are hair follicles. Cedar Wood oil can be beneficial in curing this inflammatory situation and reduce peeling off of skin by regularizing sebum production and treating infection thereof.
* Anti Septic: It prevents wounds from being septic as well as protects them from tetanus germs. It can safely be applied externally on wounds as an anti septic. It is even used as an ingredient in herbal antiseptic creams.
* Anti Spasmodic: This is yet another important medicinal property of Cedar Wood Oil. It relieves spasm. Nearly all sorts of spasm and related ailments can be relieved using this oil. This includes spasm of respiratory system, intestines, muscles, heart and nerves.
* Tonic: Cedar Wood Oil can be used as a health tonic as it tones the organic systems and stimulates metabolism. It tones up muscles, skin, nervous system, stomach, digestive system and brain functions.
* Astringent: Being an astringent, Cedar Wood Oil helps cure toothache, strengthens grip of gums on teeth and protect them from falling, tightens loosened muscles and gives a feeling of firmness, fitness and youth. This property can also be used to cure diarrhea too.
* Diuretic: This is another beneficial property of Cedar Wood Oil which can help cure a number of ailments including obesity, hypertension or high blood pressure, rheumatism, arthritis and gout, urinary tract infections and accumulation of toxins in the blood. Being a diuretic, it increases frequency of urination which serves as a medium for removal of fat, excess water and toxins like uric acid from the body. These toxins and extra water in accumulated in the body are the main causes behind the above mentioned ailments.
* Emenagogue: Those who are having obstructed and irregular menstruation can surely benefit from Cedar Wood Oil, as it is an emenagogue, which means it stimulates and bring about menstruation as well as makes them regular. The pain and side effects such as nausea, fatigue etc. associated with menstruation are also relieved with the use of Cedar Wood Oil.
* Expectorant: If you are suffering from cough and cold and related congestion, you can try Cedar Wood Oil. This is an expectorant and efficiently removes cough and phlegm from the respiratory tracts and lungs and thereby relieves congestion. It also gives relief in headache, red and watery eyes and other symptom of cough and cold. It helps having a good sleep when suffering from cough and cold.
* Insecticide: Cedar Wood Oil has been in use as a mosquito and insect repellent since long. If used in vaporizers, it drives away mosquitoes, flies and other insects from home.
* Sedative: This is perhaps the ace card of Cedar Wood oil’s medicinal properties. It is an excellent sedative. It has a great soothing, sedating and calming effects on mind, cures inflammations, itching of skin and relieves tension and anxiety. This feature also helps in having a good sleep, particularly in patients of insomnia.
* Fungicide: Cedar Wood Oil has good fungicidal properties and may be employed to cure fungal infections, both external and internal.
* Other Benefits: Cedar Wood oil is equally beneficial in curing acne, arthritis, bronchitis, cystitis, dandruff, dermatitis, stress, kidney disorders and as a treatment against oily skin.
A Few Words of Caution: It may produce irritations on skin if used in high concentrations. Pregnant ladies should avoid its use.
Blending: Oils like Bergamot, Benzoin, Cypress, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Juniper, Jasmine, Lemon, Lime, Lavender, Rose, Neroli and Rosemary form good blends with Cedar Wood Oil.