Patchouli Essential Oil, Reserve Select
This is our best variety of Patchouli oil with a very woody, fresh, and characteristic aroma. Its organoleptic profile is much better than typical Indonesian or Chinese Patchouli due to the high patchouli alcohol content. Patchouli oil is very popular in aromatherapy, as well as a popular additive to soaps and candles.
$22.92 – $192.48
Distinctive, rich, musky, earthy-sweet aroma. Sensual, relaxing. Emotionally stabilizing, grounding. Good for mature skin and base in blends.
Many of our customers use it for cologne/perfume. They love the wonderful compliments they get when they wear it!
Aphrodisiac, easing impotence and frigidity. Alleviates lethargy, confusion and depression, and calms stress and anxiety. An extremely good quality essential oil.
Patchouli is the anti-vomit oil you need for the flu season.
Patchouli essential oil Reserve Select, (Aged, Dark, Iron Distilled), India - This is absolutely the best patchouli available in the world today with a very high patchouli alcohol content of 34%. TOS' source regularly sets aside certain premium lots of patchouli oil to be aged for at least three years as the oil actually gets considerably better with time. Like a fine wine, the older the patchouli the better. Patchouli has many useful therapeutic properties. Its skincare applications extend to acne, cracked and chapped skin, dermatitis, weeping eczema, oily complexions, and wrinkles.
Many people in the US think of patchouli oil as a throw-back from the Hippy 60′s, however it has many useful therapeutic properties. Its skincare applications extend to acne, cracked and chapped skin, dermatitis, weeping eczema, oily complexions, and wrinkles. It is used in China, Japan, and Malaysia herbally to treat colds, headaches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and halitosis (bad breath). It is also used as an antidote to poisonous snakebites in Malaysia and Japan. Additionally, it has properties that are useful for stress-related complaints and frigidity… which could help to explain the ‘free love’ ideals that were prevalent in the 60′s.
Its medicinal properties include:
* Anti Depressant: This oil works great on people suffering from depression. It helps them to get over from the feeling and fills them with new hopes. That is why it is very much in use in aromatherapy. It uplifts mood, drives away disappointment and relaxes tension.
* Anti Phlogistic: It soothes inflammation, particularly those resulting from fever and gives relief.
* Anti Septic: Protects the wounds and ulcers from infections and from being septic.
* Aphrodisiac: Patchouli Oil is also good for treating sexual problems such as impotency, loss of libido and interest in sex, erectile problems, frigidity etc. and acts as an aphrodisiac.
* Astringent: It induces contractions in muscles, nerves and skin. This helps strengthening hold of gums on teeth, preventing shagging of skin, hair fall and loosening of muscles. This astringency of Patchouli Oil also helps stop hemorrhage by contracting the blood vessels.
* Cicatrisant: It helps heal cuts and wounds and also speed up the fading of their scars. This is equally effective in vanishing marks left by boils, acne, pox, measles etc.
* Cytophylactic: This property of the Essential Oil of Patchouli promotes growth by helping generation of new body cells. This helps in production of red blood cells too. It was seen mainly helpful in regeneration of new skin cells, thus keeping the skin healthy, young and vibrant.
* Deodorant: The strong sweet, spicy and musky aroma of this essential oil keeps away body odor. But it should be used in dilution as sometimes the aroma of Patchouli Oil might feel too strong to bear.
* Diuretic: It increases the tendency of urinating as well as the frequency of urination and quantity of urine. This helps loose weight, lower blood pressure, increase appetite, lower cholesterol and removal of toxins from the body.
* Febrifuge: Reduces body temperature in case of fever by fighting the infections causing the fever. Being an Anti Phlogistic, it gives relief from the inflammations caused by fever and this way too helps bringing down the fever, since fever can be reduced to some extent if the pain and inflammation associated with fever are taken care of.
* Fungicide: Patchouli Essential Oil has been found quite effective in inhibiting fungal growths and infections, thereby providing protection from some of the notorious infections like athlete’s foot.
* Insecticide: As said earlier, the insecticidal property of Patchouli Oil was recognized long ago. Despite smelling sweet, it is very effective in keeping insects away. It may be used in sprays, body lotions, fumigants, vaporizers, incense sticks or can be mixed with water to wash clothes and bed linen to drive away mosquitoes, ants, beg bugs, lice, fleas, flies and moths.
* Sedative: It calms down inflammations and sedates convulsions, coughs and epileptic attacks resulting from hype sensitivity or hyper reactivity of nerves. It can also stop eruption of allergies by sedating the hyper sensitivity of body towards certain elements.
* Tonic: This property of Patchouli Oil tones up the whole body. It makes right the metabolic functions like decomposition of food and absorption of nutrients by toning up the liver, stomach and intestines, helping you grow stronger and healthier; takes care of proper excretion; regulates the endocrinal secretions of hormones and enzymes and also tones up the nervous system, thus making you more alert and active, and finally, boosts the immune system, protecting you from infections.
* Other Benefits: Helps treat eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and sores. Gives relief from constipation. Can be used as an antidote against insect bites temporarily.
Safety: The long lasting aroma of Patchouli Essential Oil, though sweet, may not be welcome for a few.
Blending: Patchouli Essential Oil blends well with essential oils of Bergamot, Clary Sage, Geranium, Lavender and Myrrh essential oils.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. This information has been designed to provide information to help educate the reader in regard to the subject matter covered. The product is sold with the understanding that the seller is not liable for the misconception or misuse of the information provided. It is not provided in order to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, illness, or injured condition of the body. The seller shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the information contained on this sheet. The information presented here is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional.