Galbanum Essential Oil
Galbanum oil has a green, spicy, herbal aroma that is often compared to green peppers or salad. Galbanum oil has a long history of use in incense and as a perfumery fixative that blends well with pines and evergreens.
$13.29 – $222.97
Galbanum essential oil, Iran has an odor that is described by experts as “intensely green.”
The health benefits of Galbanum Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like anti arthritic & anti rheumatic, anti spasmodic, cicatrisant, circulatory, decongestant, detoxifier, emollient, insecticide, anti parasitic and vulnerary.
Galbanum is not new. It was there in the ancient Roman and Greek civilizations, burning in the incense sticks, mixed in the bath water or in the skin balms and as a perfumery. It was a biblical medicine as well. The fresh earthy and woody aroma of this oil brings pleasure to mind and soul. It is extracted by steam distillation of the resin obtained from the Galbanum plant, bearing a scientific name Ferula Galbaniflua, which is a native to Iran and some neighboring countries. The chief constituents of Galbanum Essential Oil are cadinene, cadinol, myrcene and pinene.
Here are the medicinal properties:
* Anti-Arthritic & Anti-Rheumatic: Being a good circulatory and detoxifier, this oil helps cure arthritis and rheumatism by improving blood circulation in the body, particularly in the joints, and by promoting removal of toxic or unwanted substances from the body such as excess water, salts and uric acid (one of the prime causes behind arthritis and gout).
* Anti-Spasmodic: The Essential Oil of Galbanum is particularly good in treating muscular spasm. All sportsmen and athletes please note this! The Galbanum Essential Oil is very good in relieving cramps or muscle pulls. It relaxes the muscles and nerves and cures spasm. It is also effective on other kinds of spasm, such as those of respiratory tracts, intestines, nerves etc.
* Cicatrisant: If you have some scars on the face (or anywhere else) and look like a villain (which you are not) and you desperately want to get rid of them, then you should try this essential oil. Being a cicatrisant, it diminishes scars and after marks left by acne, pimples or pox on the skin. This oil speeds up growth of new tissues and cells in the affected area and gives it a brand-new look. These new tissues will replace the old and the damaged tissues of the scars and the scars will eventually vanish.
* Circulatory: Galbanum Essential Oil promotes and stimulates circulation of blood and lymph in the body, thereby giving relief from the diseases arising from the obstructed or improper circulation, such as rheumatism, arthritis, gout etc.
* Decongestant: This oil has earned quite a good reputation as a decongestant and is found particularly effective in clearing congestion resulting from Bronchitis. It clears congestion in nasal tracts, bronchi, trachea, larynx and pharynx and in lungs. This makes breathing easier and helps get a good sleep when someone suffers from cough & cold and bronchitis.
* Detoxifier: This oil is a good remedy for boils, acne, abscesses etc. as it helps remove the toxins from the blood. Further, it also regulates the production of certain hormones which in turn affect production of sebum from the sebaceous glands and helps get rid of the situations discussed above.
* Emollient: The Essential Oil of Galbanum has certain effects on skin that everyone desires. It rejuvenates the mature skin and gives it a younger and toned look. It also pulls up the sagging skin, frees it from wrinkles and gives a facelift. The stretch marks and the fat cracks on the skin are also diminished by this oil. So, it is very much beneficial for ladies who want to get rid of those abdominal fat cracks and stretch marks after delivery or after a liposuction or after a weight reduction schedule. It also keeps the skin smooth and shining and free from infections.
* Insecticide: The smell of the Essential Oil of Galbanum keeps insects away. If used in incense sticks (as it has been in use from ancient time) or in room freshener sprays or vaporizers, it can drive mosquitoes, flies, cockroaches, ants and other insects away. It can also kill certain insects but is not that effective on cockroaches (Remember! They can even survive nuclear explosions).
* Anti-Parasitic: This oil is very effective in keeping away parasites on human and pets, such as louse, fleas, lice, bedbugs, mosquitoes and others. If added in bathing water or shampoo, it can get you rid of the problem of lice in hair.
* Vulnerary: This Essential Oil of Galbanum is good in healing wounds. It does so by promoting crowding of leucocytes and platelets in the wounded place as well as by forming a protective covering against any sort of infection. It inhibits any kind of microbial (fungal or bacterial) growth in the wounded place and makes it heal fast.
* Other Benefits: This oil is used in the treatment of abscesses, acne and boils due to its detoxifying properties. Just as it is effective in healing wounds, it is beneficial in healing sores and ulcers too, internal or external. It is also good in giving relief from muscular aches and problems related with lymph. In aromatherapy, it is used to recover from shock, trauma or depression.
Few Words of Caution: No threats found. Still, should not be used indiscriminately or in very heavy dosages.
Blending: The essential oils of Carrot Seed, Geranium, Lavender, Spruce and Rose Otto form good blends with Galbanum Essential Oil.