Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil
Lemon Myrtle oil, Australia is one the cleanest freshest aromas in nature. The pale yellow oil is intense, pleasant and clean. The undertones are sweet and the tenacity is amazing. This oil is an excellent natural source of citral. There are no harsh notes and no grassy fatty notes. But beware of lower cost. This oil is not mass distilled and the total annual production is lower than most essential oils. TOS's source in Australia is honorable and diligent. It is more antiseptic, antiviral and antifungal than any other Australian essential oil, even tea tree. Lemon myrtle essential oil is useful in curing internal bacterial infections like colitis in the colon, stomach and prostate. It also helps in reducing sinus problems and effective in relieving chest congestion.
- Germicidal and Antibacterial: It is useful in curing internal bacterial infections like colitis and those in the colon, stomach, prostate, etc., as well as external bacterial infections on the skin.
- Antiseptic: This property inhibits the duplication of virus and gives good protection against septic, tetanus, and infections of other internal organs.
- Emollient: This property gives us a smoother and younger skin. It keeps the skin free from dryness, cracks, stretch and birth marks, and infections.
- Tranquilizing: This causes relaxation in the nerves, muscles, and brain. It helps drop blood pressure and significantly brings a sound, refreshing sleep with continued use.
- Decongestant: Lemon myrtle essential oil is useful in clearing out depositions of phlegm in the body’s respiratory system thereby opening congestion of lungs, bronchi, trachea, larynx, pharynx, and nasal tracts.
Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil Benefits:
- It reduces symptoms associated with colds and flu.
- It is beneficial for reducing sinus problems.
- It offers a cleaner and sweeter-smelling house.
- It makes for a good reduction in moths and other insects in clothes cupboards and other areas of the house. More on Essential Oil Amber
- It is a wonderful treatment for oily skin and acne problems.
- It is effective in relieving chest congestion.
- It is perfect for relaxation and uplifting emotions.
- It induces a soothing sleep.
- It is a useful culinary ingredient for cooking.
- Because of the extremely high citral content of lemon myrtle, it is certainly a skin irritant. It must be used preferably for airborne blends only rather than for skin care. Lemon Myrtle must be highly diluted to be used on skin (10% at the highest).
Lemon Myrtle essential oil is used by physicians to treat MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM, diluted in a carrier oil in a 10% dilution: A contagious disease of the skin marked by the occurrence of rounded soft tumors of the skin caused by the growth of a virus (one that belongs to the virus family called the Poxviridae). The disease is characterized by the appearance of a few to numerous small, pearly, umbilicated down growths called molluscum bodies or condyloma subcutaneum. Molluscum contagiosum is mainly seen in children. In teenagers and adults it is often transmitted sexually and so may be considered a sexually transmitted disease (STD). It is a benign disorder that usually clears up by itself. The Latin "molluscus" means soft.