Grapefruit, Pink Essential Oil
$6.58 – $16.45
Grapefruit oil, Pink, USA has a milder less tenacious aroma than TOS's other two grapefruits. The typical grapefruit smell is easily recognized. For blends requiring grapefruit this variety might be economically more prudent. It works well with other citrus oils, particularly bergamot and yuzu.
Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) has a fresh, citrus aroma that is energizing and uplifting. Rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene, it is nourishing to the skin. Like many coldpressed citrus oils, it is a popular oil to use in conjunction with weight management programs. Grapefruit may also be used to enhance the flavor of food and water.
Directions: Dietary Supplement: Put 2 drops in a capsule. Take three times daily or as needed. Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of pure vegetable carrier oil or olive oil. Then apply to desired area as needed. Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour three times daily.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practioner prior to use. Avoid direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
Storage: Keep in a cool dark place.
Blending: Grapefruit Essential Oil goes fine in blends with Bergamot, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender and Palmarosa oil
Health Benefits of Grapefruit Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like diuretic, disinfectant, stimulant, anti depressant, anti septic, aperitif, lymphatic and tonic.
* Anti Oxidant: Like the fruit itself, the essential oil of Grapefruit is rich in anti oxidants. Primarily, in Vitamin-C. This vitamin, in assistance from other anti oxidant components present in Grapefruit Essential Oil, boosts our immune system and fights free radicals. This oil is effective in protecting the body from all harms done by the oxidants, like aging, degeneration of tissues, macular degeneration, loss of vision and hearing, mental and physical sluggishness, nervous disorders and other such problems.
* Diuretic: The diuretic properties of Grapefruit Essential Oil keep your body light and free from toxins by promoting urination. It help in removal of excess water, fats, sodium, uric acid and other toxins from the body and also reduces blood pressure and keeps our heart healthy. Frequent urinations also keep the urinary tract free from infections. It cleans kidneys of calcareous and uric deposits and protects them against renal calculi and infections too.
* Disinfectant: The Anti Viral and Anti Microbial properties of Grapefruit Essential Oil make it a good disinfectant. It does not only protect the body from new infections but also eliminates the infections which are already there. It is particularly effective on infections of colon, stomach, intestines, urinary system, excretory system and kidneys. It is further beneficial for oral and ocular infections as well as infections on skin.
* Stimulant: This oil stimulates and stimulates well. It has stimulating effects on the body and on the mind. It stimulates brain, makes it active and gives new directions to thoughts as well as stimulates endocrinal glands and promotes proper secretion of hormones and enzymes, thereby keeping in shape the whole metabolism. It further stimulates nervous system and makes you more active and alert. The digestive system is also benefited from this as it stimulates secretion of gastric juices and bile in the stomach as well as movement of ingested food through intestines. Further, it stimulates lymphatic system, circulatory system and excretory system.
* Anti Depressant: Like essential oils of the most of the citrus fruits, the Grapefruit Essential Oil too has great uplifting and relaxing effects on mind. It induces a positive feeling and hope, cures depression and relieves of anxiety and stress. This effect is due to two reasons. First, due to its aroma and second, due to its stimulating effects which stimulates certain hormones which have uplifting effects on the brain.
* Anti Septic: The anti septic properties of Grapefruit Essential Oil makes it fit for application on bruises, wounds, cuts, acne and infections, to protect them from microbial infections. Further, being an anti septic, it prevents wound from catching tetanus or from being septic.
* Aperitif: If you think you need to eat more to put on some muscles but lack that appetite, this oil could lend you a helping hand. But that does not mean that you need to take it just before the dinner. A regular dose can increase your appetite methodically.
* Lymphatic: This is the ace property of Grapefruit Essential Oil. It is lymphatic. The lymphatic system plays a vital role in our body. It is involved in the removal of unwanted and toxic substances from the body. Grapefruit Oil ensures a good health of lymphatic system and boosts it up, thereby freeing the body from toxins and fighting problems like cellulite, blood urea, rheumatism, arthritis, gout and renal calculi etc.
* Tonic: You must be familiar with the term ‘Tonic’. It comes in packages like hair tonic, health tonic, liver tonic etc. Now what is tonic? A tonic is a substance that tones up systems. A hair tonic tones hair follicles and keeps your hair healthy and strong. A complete health tonic tones up all the organic systems operating inside, like the digestive system, circulatory system, metabolic system, nervous system and excretory system etc. and boosts up health and strength. Similarly a liver tonic tones up liver, improves its secretions and strengthens it. Do you need one? There is Grapefruit Oil.
* Other Benefits: Keeps the skin clean. Particularly good for treating oily skin and acne. Gives a refreshing feeling. Also beneficial for treating stiffness and cramp in muscles.
Because Grapefruit essential oil is cold-pressed from the peel, it has a shelf-life of only 6 months. This is true for all cold-pressed oils. Refrigerating can extend the shelf-life some. When it becomes pine-like in its smell, do not apply it to the skin. It can however, still be used in homemade cleaners, as grapefruit oil is a wonderful degreaser, and the aroma (even a bit piney) is clean and invigorating.